Three months and 1 day later ——-
I somehow reached the conclusion that the reason I am not able to get a job is because I lack discipline.
I thought to myself “How does one go about learning discipline?”
My decision was to start crocheting, something I learnt on my own but couldn’t develop due to lack of time. Well, time is aplenty now! So crocheting it is!
For old time’s sake, I converted this tradition activity into a business project. Here’s how:
- The project : Make a drawstring purse
- Budget : $5 including overhead cost & overtime
- Timeline : Project completion by Thursday, 18th May, 2017
- Team-members : Interns only (Recruit SIL to string beads while its my turn to help in the kitchen. And why will she do this? Because internship provides much needed market experience 🙂 )
- Goal setting : SMART goals –
- Specific & Measurable – Use 3 beads at a time to crochet
- Achievable & Realistic – Complete a minimum of 2 rows per day
- Time-bound – Complete project latest by Thursday 11 a.m
There you go. That’s how you keep your skills still alive. Career-break….. not for me!!!
P.S – I completed this project way before time with an additional component – A rose! Tried beaded rose too, that’s attached to the purse. I think it looks chic. What do you think? Check out the pics below. Everyone in the family loved it! Hope you do too…..